Data protection statement
This statement explains how Art Generates Harmony(“we” and “our”) handles and uses the personal data we collect about our new members, donators, patrons and our past, current and future supporters (“you” and “your”). We keep in touch with you, in order to keep you appraised of our activities and developments and to identify ways in which you can support us, through donations or other forms of financial and non-financial support. We are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold.
Personal data that we hold
We may hold information relating to you from a number of sources. A significant proportion of the information we hold is that which you provide to us (for example, you may give us information by filling in forms on our website). Most records contain:
- your status (as an Individual or as a company)
- your contact details (we update these whenever you let us know that they have changed)
- details of your interactions with us, including:
- your membership ; your donation ; your volunteering with us
- your attendance at our events
- personal data provided by you for a specific purpose
- your communication preferences, to help us provide tailored communications
- information about your areas of interest in Arts, Education and promoting a Cause
How we use your data
Your data is used by us for a number of interdependent purposes in support of professional relations, supporter communications and fundraising. These include:
- inviting you to our events
- sending you a newsletter (with updates about our activities)
- sending you tailored requests for donations to Art Generates Harmony®
- administrative purposes (e.g. in order to process a donation you have made)
- sending you details of volunteering opportunities
Communications to you will be sent principally by email, depending on the contact details we hold and the preferences expressed by you about the types of communications you wish to receive. If you have concerns or queries about any of these purposes, or how we communicate with you, please contact us with the form on line. We will always respect a request by you to stop processing your personal data.
How we protect your data
We ensure we have appropriate data sharing arrangements in place before sharing your personal data. We do not sell your personal data to third parties under any circumstances, or permit third parties to sell on the data we have
shared with them. Any transfers of your data overseas (outside of the European Economic Area), as set out above, are protected either by an ‘adequacy decision’ by the European Commission (declaring the recipient country as a ‘safe’ territory for personal data) or by standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission (which give obligations for the recipient to safeguard the data) or, before 25th May 2018, based on our self-assessment of the risks involved with the transfer and its determination that the data will be adequately protected during and after the transfer. Further information about the measures we use to protect data when being transferred internationally is available from us (via the contact details are set out below).
You have the right to:
- ask us for access to, or rectification or erasure of your data
- restrict processing (pending correction or deletion)
- object to communications or direct marketing
The legal basis for processing your personal data for the interdependent purposes set out above is that it is necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate interests. We always handle your personal data securely and minimise its use, and there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information for these purposes. In addition, there is no statutory or contractual requirement for you to provide us with any personal data. Please contact us if you have any concerns or questions about the above information or you wish to ask us not to process your personal data for particular purposes. Where you have specific requests relating to how we manage your data, we will endeavour to resolve these, but please note that there may be circumstances where we can not comply with specific requests.